Note : This is a short review of The Meg Movie Trailer that released today.
One of the longest awaited trailer of one of the most anticipated movie has finally arrived. That's right. The Meg Trailer has finally hit the Internet today and has taken the Internet by storm. The Meg is based on Author Steven Alten's book 'Meg - A Novel of Deep Terror'. The film stars Jason Statham who shall be waging a war against a big pre-historic Shark named 'Megalodon' which was believed to be extinct
This is the film's synopsis :
"A deep-sea submersible is attacked by a massive creature, previously thought to be extinct, and now lies disabled at the bottom of the deepest trench in the Pacific with its crew trapped inside. With time running out, expert deep-sea rescue diver Jonas Taylor is recruited by a visionary Chinese oceanographer to save the crew from this prehistoric threat."
The Trailer of The Meg was very much awaited. Fans of the novel were dying to see how the trailer of the beloved movie churns out. Now that the trailer has released, it has garnered positive response from mostly fans but mixed response from a certain section of cinegoers. Coming to the trailer, there is absolutely no lack of action, thrill and excitement in this upcoming summer flick. The trailer looks badass and it seems fun. For more clarity on the plot, we might have to wait for another trailer but at this point we can just sit back and enjoy this rousing experience.
What we Liked
* The thrill. The build up and tension in the beginning of the Trailer is absolutely engaging and frightening. Takes the trailer to a all time high.
* Great Acting : Whatever acting has been displayed by the principle cast looks promising after all every great film needs solid acting from its actors and it's no lesser than any achievement.
* The Sharks : The shark errr...we guess there are two sharks (going by the new poster of the film) are having lots of fun. Chomp, Chomp, Chomp this is what the film is promising its audiences so the trailer is living up to that chaos.
* Action : The action looks great, the helicopter scene and the one where the big shark is causing havoc on the surface is truly thrilling. Looking by the feel, it is certainly going to vow the audiences.
What we didn't like
* The MEG was supposed to be an answer to Jaws as there hasn't been any great film made on sharks that could follow. But after looking at the trailer, the makers have opted for a 'lighter summer popcorn blockbuster' rather than a 'serious horror Shark flick'. The horror element in the film is pretty much blank. It seems more of a action packed ride but we still hope the movie shall knock out all expectations.
* The CGI still needs a lot of work, let's be practical here. Given by the budget of the film, The sharks must look real and authentic. It is suggested that the work on the post-production for the movie is still on so we might get to watch a better product at the theaters. *Touchwood*
* The International Trailer packs more punch than the official Trailer released, mainly because the shorter version of the trailer has more action, tension and excitement. But you must check out both the trailers and decide for yourself which one would you prefer.